2017 General Election Information
General Election- November 7th, 2017
The 2017 General Election in Grand County will be conducted by mail. Active registered votes will start to receive their ballots around the October 20th. A ballot drop box will be set up in the Grand County Clerks Office between when we send the ballots out and General Election Day on November 7th, 2017. Election Day the offices of the County Clerk will be open from 7:00 a.m and 8:00 p.m. Since this is a municipal election, voters can also drop off their ballots at the City Recorders office, 217 East Center Street.
To check your registration status and address on your registration, please go to vote.utah.gov and then navigate to the My Voter Profile tab. All registered voters, regardless of their party affiliation, are eligible to participate in the General Election.
Voters within City Limits will receive a ballot with the Mayor (vote for one), City Council (vote for two), and the 3rd Congressional District (vote for one.)
Voters within the County Limits will receive a ballot for the race 3rd Congressional District.
For information on the City Candidates, please visit Moab City. or call the City Recorder's office at 435-259-2683.
For information on the 3rd Congressional District Candidates, please visit Utah Elections .
General Election Dates:
- October 10th- Last day to mail in registration form.
- October 17th- Ballots will be mailed out to voters.
- October 31st- Last day to register in person or online to vote in the General election.
- November 6th- By mail ballots will need to be postmarked by this date.
- November 7th- General Election Day, Grand County Clerks and City Recorders office will be open 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Ballot drop boxes also close at 8:00 p.m. (Drop boxes at City Recorders office and Grand County Clerks office.)
Voters will be mailed one (1) ballot format for the General. Ballot is determined by the district you live in. To check your registration and address please visit vote.utah.gov and click on the My Voter Profile tab. This will show your address, allow you to view sample ballots, and review candidate profiles.
If you have any further questions on the General Election, please contact us at 435-259-1321.